We are delighted to welcome you to Reception and we hope that this information will give you an insight into the Early Years education at Corpus Christi.
In Early Years at Corpus Christi, we hope to provide your children with an environment that provokes interest, fascinates their imaginations and encourages curiosity and wonder. In this ever-changing world, where children’s lives are fast paced and filled with technology and noise, we have taken the time to re-evaluate and transform the environment. As a team, we have embraced the best elements of a range of philosophies to create a beautiful learning space filled with natural and open-ended resources to provoke awe and curiosity.
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce the Reception team:
· Miss Williams- Class Teacher (RA)
· Mrs Cortese- Class Teacher (RB)
· Miss O’Sullivan- Teaching Assistant (RA)
· Mr Hampshire- Teaching Assistant (RA)
· Miss Pattinson Teaching Assistant (RB)
Some important reminders:
· Reception fund- We kindly ask for a donation of £1 per week (preferably on a Monday). This will fund open-ended resources and any extra items that extend the children’s interests.
· Please do not bring any items from home into the classroom. Your child should only bring a clearly named water bottle to school.
· Please provide your child with a set of spare clothes in a clearly named carrier bag.
· Uniform- Please ensure ALL items are clearly labelled with your child’s full name. Please provide spare clothing for your child.
· PE – every Tuesday. Please send your child into school in their PE kit for the day.
· In Reception we have access to outdoor learning in all weather. This means that children should always wear/bring appropriate clothing.
· If you are providing your child with a packed lunch, please ensure that it does not have any products that contain nuts/peanuts.
We look forward to working with all of our families as your children embark on their journey of faith and education at Corpus Christi.
The Reception Team